Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Gray Rainy Day In BigTown

Alas, I've been working many hours a week which affects my writing output. Save for the posts I write on FaceBook or the photos I take for Instagram my stories and my will to write them fade after a twelve hour work day.
Mind you, I am not complaining in the least. I committed to a sweet family to whom I would be Miss Karen to their little girls for at least a year. I had to get hired to pay the bills and stay in New York, my new hometown. I have reached six months in my agreement on a very blustery, cold rainy day on the Upper West Side. 
Sakes alives, it is tiring. Come evening, it's dinner for me and Em, some boob tube and I'm out. 
In the morning as I bundle up and head to the subway my brain is alive with ideas. I'll see something interesting and say to myself that I will write that down as soon as I have a minute. Well, that moment slides by and I cannot remember later what anything was. 
Ah, there goes the way of the great American Novel.  And that is the reason for my sporadic, but hopefully fascinating, posts on social media.

Another reason for my avoidance of Blonde in BigTown is that, well, I'm no longer Blonde. I've gone natural which due to the passing years and because of many years of salon treatments I see that natural is gray! No! It can't be true! I struggle each time I look in the mirror. My ego vs my age. My Looks vs My budget. Well, for now, I am gray. 
So truth in advertising the Blog's title is no  longer appropriate. 
What to do? What shall it be called? Blog in BigTown? No, sounds like a stomach condition? 
3rd Street Kitchen is my title for soundcloud pieces that I play on the piano which is in my kitchen on 3rd Street. But that sounds like a cooking channel. 
I could color my hair but for the sake of a blog title? And what color? Black in BigTown wouldn't work at all and Red in BigTown would bring all sorts of crazies raining down on me. I'm certainly not Blue. I love it here. 
I'm really done with the Blonde so a new title is needed. If you've read this far and are familiar at all with my writing or music or story feel free to suggest something. The creative wheels need some grease and a friendly collaboration might be just the thing I'm looking for!
Til Then, Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Brand new properties for the holidays and the tourism. Right here people spend their vacations in Open space and actual property for sale. Condo Rentals Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing.. Telecommunication service provider

    ReplyDelete