Sunday, January 11, 2015

Welcome Home?

Interesting. 
A couple of days ago I found a heavy golden miniature pineapple on the sidewalks of New York. 
Today heading into the subway turnstile I looked down to see a small pewter oval with some kind of inscription. I backed up to let others pass in and out, then, when it was clear kicked it out to where I could pick it up. I pocketed it until I could look at it on the train. 
Here it is, two sided, next to my previous acquisition. 

Hope and welcome. I am from a seaside town. I still live near the ocean, look how close NYC is to the coast. We are surrounded by water here. 
Why did I find these two pieces?
Connected in theme and to me. 
Were they gifts or happenstance? 
I don't know but I do know that because of them I still push myself to continue. To live this life that I have chosen. Good things are coming. It is hard going but it is good. 
I am on my way to the Metropolitan Museum this hour. I never know what might await.

No comments:

Post a Comment